SUPERCHARGE the region that helps SUPERCHARGE the State
North West Queensland is the State’s powerhouse region, pumping over $5billion in to the economy. Despite the impact of COVID, the region has continued to deliver, particularly through its resources and agriculture sector.
North West Queensland is an economic powerhouse contributing to Queensland and Australia’s prosperity through the North West Minerals Province, massive and productive agricultural holdings and a burgeoning and stunning outback tourism industry.
North West Queenslanders contribute $176,000 per capita to the national economy compared to $66,000 elsewhere in Queensland.
As a region we consistently deliver despite prolonged droughts, severe floods, high cost of living, inadequate and aging infrastructure, small population centres and global pandemics! That’s because our communities are lifters and are committed to making North West Queensland a region attractive for people and businesses to live, work and invest.
As the eight councils that make up NWQROC, we understand the value of collaboration, we understand our communities and we understand the potential of this region to deliver for the rest of Queensland, especially as we unite and recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
Whilst much good work has been done by all levels of government with respect to policies, plans and strategies, now is the time for regionally targeted action, immediate commitments to, and long term investment in region shaping projects.
SUPERCHARGE THE REGION
supercharge the state
Providing increased and long-term funding certainty for our roads network and management of Karumba Port.
Investing in key region shaping water projects and realistic waste management strategies.
Addressing the high cost of energy and substandard connectivity options facing businesses and communities.
Supporting local and regionally based approaches to more productive land management and community liveability initiatives.
Sponsoring regionally based organisations and developing ‘place based’ policies, programs and funding arrangements to best serve the needs of North West Queensland.
About our 2020 State Election campaign
Our Election Platform is not asking to reinvent the wheel, or funding for unrealistic ideas and initiatives. It’s about building on what already exists, what already has been done or what already has been identified.
We seek, and our communities expect regionally targeted action, not just words or promises.
North West Queensland truly is a powerhouse region worth investing in. We look forward to working with the parties contesting the 2020 State Election and sharing with our communities how each will commit to make this region, and in turn Queensland, even stronger.
invest in the west & unlock the potential of this region to deliver for the rest of Queensland, especially as we unite and recover from the impacts of COVID-19
How will investment in our priorities help the North West and Queensland recover?
- Increased and long-term funding certainty for our roads network - READ MORE
- New management and operating model for the Karumba Port - READ MORE
- Investment in key region shaping water projects - READ MORE
- Realistic waste management strategies - READ MORE
- Addressing the high cost of energy for communities and businesses - READ MORE
- Addressing the substandard connectivity options facing communities and businesses - READ MORE
- Support local and regionally based approaches to more productive land management, water and biodiversity - READ MORE
- Support community liveability through improved housing - READ MORE
- Sponsoring regionally-based organisations - READ MORE
- Developing ‘place based’ policies, programs and funding arrangements to best serve the needs of North West Queensland - READ MORE
Register below to receive your copy and coverage of the NWQROC campaign.
Stay up to date
Join our mailing list to get the latest updates and news from NWQROC.