Our six-point federal election platform
This Federal election and beyond, the Mayors, Councils and communities are asking political leaders for a fairer regional deal to support the Northwest Queensland Regional Organisation of Councils’ vision:
“Making North West Queensland a region attractive for people and businesses to live, work and invest”
Did you know that each hardworking local contributes $176,000 per capita to the national economy compared to $66,000 elsewhere in Queensland? But, our local communities are only small and can’t keep delivering this massive contribution without proper investment from Canberra and Brisbane in infrastructure, communications and community. While the Government has “City Deals” for selected urban areas, we are simply asking for a better “Regional Deal” for our local region.
Register below to receive your copy and coverage of the NWQROC campaign.
Our Six Point Plan for a fairer “Regional Deal” for
North West Queensland Communities
1. Fair funding for our beef, freight and tourism roads and railways
– that connect our communities to our markets and the rest of Australia.
2. Power policy for the real world including remote Australia
- harnessing a balanced mix of technologies so local families and businesses get reliable, affordable, local power solutions. That includes cleaner gas from our northern gas basins, solar farms for our plentiful sun, distributed solutions where unreliable SWER networks don’t work and better networks where they do work.
3. Investing in water infrastructure and dams
- so that our productive farmers and agribusinesses can harvest our plentiful water and continue to be profitable through floods and drought.
4. Build and sustain our productive regions with sustainable populations
- through immigration incentives and correct tax arrangements.
5. First world telecommunications and connectivity
– increased access to affordable high-speed internet for councils, businesses and community.
6. Funding and delivering community services in a way that works for remote areas.
Giving local government the tools, funding and support to do what state and federal governments can’t.
FORMAL RESPONSES TO OUR SIX-POINT PLAN
KATTER'S AUSTRALIAN PARTY
Read the Katter's Australian Party response to our Six-Point Plan
Stay up to date
Join our mailing list to get the latest updates and news from NWQROC.
Support our campaign